Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baked 5-Spice Chicken

Dinner: 8-Sep-2010, 13-Apr-2011




Our dinner tonight... Yummy!! OK... I've done this recipe tonnes of times, & so decided to migrate it over from FB to my blog here instead... easier to access...  :-)  It really is yum... Will probably make it today too & see if I can take more photos as well - stay tuned for an update of photos (recipe is fine as is)... My kids love calling this "Mummy's KFC Chicken"... *haha* hopefully a bit healthier than the real KFC chicken... :-)

Recipe from Super Food Ideas, September 2010 Issue, page 28, "Five Spice chicken and fried rice".

Ingredients:
16 pieces of small chicken drumsticks (skin on)
1/2 cup cornflour
1 tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder
1 tsp white pepper (Maybe put 1/2 tsp white pepper instead as my kids found it a bit peppery hot)
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 220Celsius/200Celsius (fan forced).
2. Place a wire rack over a large baking tray. (I used a table top convection oven/turbo boiler at about 170Celsius.)
3. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in chicken (I didn't do this part).
4. Combine cornflour, 5-spice powder, pepper & salt into a large snap-lock bag & mix well.
5. Brush chicken with lemon juice. (I omitted this part as my family didn't like the lemon juice in a diff recipe).
6. Spray lightly with oil.
7. Place chicken 1 at a time in a snap-lock bag & seal bag. Toss to coat chicken & place chicken on wire-rack.
8. Bake for 15 mins. 
9. Spray chicken lightly with oil, turn chicken & spray other side lightly with oil.
10. Continue cooking for another 15 mins or until golden & crisp and cooked through.





Share/Bookmark

No comments: