So I've bought a huge bag of dried cranberries & a big bag of dried cherries from Costco on my first trip.. (oh & yes, decided join the Costco membership...) & have been wondering what to do with both bags... apart from just chomping them straight... so I decided to browse through google & found this recipe... silly me though forgot to note down the website it came from & as such, I can't remember where it originated from... so sorry about that... I think it might have been a emmm forum of some sort though for the life of me, I can't remember which forum it could be... *sigh*
2 cups plain flour
2/3 cups raw caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 egg - beaten
1 cup low-fat lactose free milk (or any milk you have)
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried cherries
1. Soak dried cranberries & dried cherries in boiling hot water for about 15 mins to plump it back up again. Drain (water will not be used in recipe).
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together (ie. flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, white chocolate chips).
4. Add in oil, egg & milk. Mix well.
5. Add in drained cranberries & cherries & mix well.
6. Spoon into muffin trays till almost full.
7. Bake at 180C for approx 25 mins till golden & cooked through.
8. Remove & cool on cooling rack.