Basic Cookie Dough recipe is from the "100pc Cookie Cutter Set" box packaging! LOL!
I found this cookie dough to have a funny bite - but that was perhaps because my cookies were a bit thick but subsequent cookies were a lot thinner (as pictured here) & tasted much nicer.
I made these cookies with 2 batches of cookie dough & that yielded about 30- 40 cookies I think... :-)
120gm Unsalted butter
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1 Whole Egg
2 cups SR Flour, sifted
3 - 4 drops vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 170oC & lightly grease 2 trays.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
3. Add egg, mix till combined.
4. Add sifted flour & vanilla essence.
5. Knead mixture to form a ball.
6. Wrap dough in plastic film & place dough in fridge to rest (approx 20 mins).
7. Using rolling pin, roll dough evenly on a clean, lightly floured surface until it is 3 - 4 mm thick. (I actually took a portion at a time out & flattened with my hands - found that easier to do as it was sticking to my rolling pin & I couldn't be bothered to keep putting flour on it...)
8. Use cutter to shape dough into desired shapes.
9. Place on prepared oven trays & cook for about 5 mins or until lightly golden (Mine took about 20 mins).
10. Remove from oven & transfer to wire rack to cool.
Decorate with icing sugar (I decorated mine with white chocolate).
Vary this cookie dough by simply adding your favourites to the flour. (eg. sultanas, cherries, lemon rind, orange rind, chocolate bits).