Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Basic Cookie Dough 1

Biscuits: 17-Dec-09



Basic Cookie Dough recipe is from the "100pc Cookie Cutter Set" box packaging! LOL!


I found this cookie dough to have a funny bite - but that was perhaps because my cookies were a bit thick but subsequent cookies were a lot thinner (as pictured here) & tasted much nicer.


I made these cookies with 2 batches of cookie dough & that yielded about 30- 40 cookies I think... :-)

Ingredients:
120gm Unsalted butter
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1 Whole Egg
2 cups SR Flour, sifted
3 - 4 drops vanilla essence

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 170oC & lightly grease 2 trays.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
3. Add egg, mix till combined.
4. Add sifted flour & vanilla essence.
5. Knead mixture to form a ball.
6. Wrap dough in plastic film & place dough in fridge to rest (approx 20 mins).
7. Using rolling pin, roll dough evenly on a clean, lightly floured surface until it is 3 - 4 mm thick. (I actually took a portion at a time out & flattened with my hands - found that easier to do as it was sticking to my rolling pin & I couldn't be bothered to keep putting flour on it...)
8. Use cutter to shape dough into desired shapes.
9. Place on prepared oven trays & cook for about 5 mins or until lightly golden (Mine took about 20 mins).
10. Remove from oven & transfer to wire rack to cool.
Decorate with icing sugar (I decorated mine with white chocolate).


Alternative:
Vary this cookie dough by simply adding your favourites to the flour. (eg. sultanas, cherries, lemon rind, orange rind, chocolate bits).

Share/Bookmark

No comments: