Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Attempts at cake decorating (more to come later on...)


E's 6th b'day cake decorated with mini M&M's with basketball candles... :-D shared at Sunday School... I think that was his last year at the younger class... *sigh* my little boy is growing up...














J's 4th Birthday cupcakes... shared at sunday school... :-) 



My first attempt at cake decorating...  a big cake that is...

Dessert - 06-Dec-2009

I decorated my mum's yummy chocolate cake & am now totally hooked as you'll see in the next few posts...

In this decorating though, I used pre-made Betty Crocker icing & another brand, I can't remember the name but will update when I see it again... plus butterfly sprinkles & pre-made sugared flowers.

The chocolate words, I bought from Muddings, Glen Waverley... :-) The little umbrella, I threw in just to add some colour & depth... *hehe*


THE GRAND FINALE... 

All these cake decorating led to the grand finale...  my nephew's cricket cake... Yummy!! He totally LOVES cricket & can actually hold a decent intelligible conversation about cricket with an adult... (mind you intelligible to someone who knows the game... he tried explaining it to me.... & had to explain just about every terminology he used! *hahahaha*)

Preston's 9th Birthday Cake
Afternoon Tea: 12th Dec 2009

Chocolate cake made by my mum Sally... & decorated by me... 

Cheerful butter icing (from allrecipes.com.au)


Ingredients:
165 grams butter, softened
4 cups icing sugar
40 ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 drops of food colouring


Method:
1. Place butter in microwave for a few seconds if it is not very soft.
2. In a medium bowl cream the butter, icing sugar and milk until it is light and fluffy. This may take up to 5 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla and food colouring, and beat until well combined.
4. Fill piping bag or icing gun with icing, and decorate your creations.
5. Any leftover icing will keep in a tightly closed container for a few days, simply melt it in the microwave before use, or let it reach room temperature on the kitchen bench.
6. I put sprinkles on top of the icing to make it more bright & colourful!
7. Words - use melted dark chocolate.


The bats-man (I initially put him facing the bowler straight on instead of side-ways as he looked like he wanted to pee... my nephew & I had a jolly good laugh at that! *hehe*) 












bowler 







 ball catchers

Share/Bookmark

No comments: