I can't remember what I was searching for when I stumbled upon this recipe... and created the ultimate japanese cheesecake with a rare raspberry cheesecake sandwiched between... "rare" as in like "rare" beef; uncooked cheesecake... :-) Initially I thought, Wow... super special cake with a rare, hard to find recipe... bonus! But no... that was not the case! *haha*... OK recipe...
The recipe for the japanese cheesecake is found here.
The original recipe for the rare cheesecake is found here but I have also included it below.
- 100gm frozen raspberries (any berries can be used, try a mixed even...)
- 125gm Philadelphia lite cream cheese
- 100gm fresh cream or UHT lactose free cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lactose free milk
- 30gm sugar
- ¼ tbsp lemon juice
- # 2½ tsp gelatin
- # ¼ cup hot water
Directions (3 ramekins or thin layer in 8" pan):
- Bring all ingredients except those marked with # to room temperature, then blend together using blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together gelatin with hot water and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour gelatin mixture into (1), pulse the blender to mix.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins or pan and chill in refridgerator until set.
ORin cake version: I cut the japanese cheesecake into half, horizontally, then poured the blended rare cheesecake in & replaced the other half of the japanese cheesecake to form a sandwich pressing just gently so that the rare cheesecake spreads properly underneath...Enjoy!