Made a really light & yummylicious cake to celebrate the birthday of the best brother in the whole wide world!! :-D It was huge & fed about 24 people (incl kids)
Recipe was adapted from Aunty Yochana's recipe, found here: http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/03/japanese-strawberry-shortcake.html
|Choc disc from Michel's Patisserie, |
I added my brother's name & dots...
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100 gm. castor sugar
600 ml thickened cream (full cream as less fat cream will not whip)
1/2 cup confection sugar
12 Tbsp. Kirsch
2 punnets strawberries - diced (for filling)
1 punnet strawberries - thinly slice (for deco)
2 Tbsp. Strawberry jam + 2 Tbsp. hot water + 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine - for glazing fruit
Note: each punnet is about 250g.
1. For cake: Sieve cake flour, baking powder and 75 gm. of sugar into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Mix egg yolk, vanilla essence, butter and oil together and then pour into flour mixture and stir till smooth.
|Cake anyone?? Yummylicious!|
9. Spread the cake on sides & top with remaining whipped cream. Arrange sliced strawberries on top overlapping one another.
(8) Boil strawberry gel with water then brush it over the sliced strawberries.
(9) Chill before slicing and serve.