The best marmalade muffins ever... been making these for quite a few years now... its very more-ish... the kids have just about eaten almost all of them... Loooovvveee the taste... I think because its a citrus flavored muffin, its very appetizing... :-)
Recipe was adapted from "Australian Quick 'n' Easy Cakes & Muffins Biscuits, Slices & More" by Robyn Martin, Recipe: Lime Marmalade Muffins, pg 8.
1. 2 cups plain flour
2. 4 tsp baking powder
4. 1/2 cup Lime Marmalade (Best is: Buderim brand)
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 cup milk
7. 50g butter - melted
1. You can substitute the plain flour & baking powder with 2 cups self-raising flour if you want!
2. Original recipe mentions you can use any marmalade but suggests lime marmalade as the best.
3. I used low-fat Lactose-free milk due to lactose intolerance in both myself & my daughter.
|Just before baking|
1. Sift flour & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
3. Beat marmalade, eggs, melted butter or oil & milk together.
4. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients.
5. Mix to just moisten.
|Just after baking|
7. Bake at 200C for 15 mins for regular muffins or 20 mins for jumbo muffins or until cooked. (Mine took about 15 mins).
Recipe makes approximately 26 small muffins.
Enjoy a most yummy breakfast with these muffins!
|Removing from the moulds|